DRONE TRUST is an FAA-approved Test Administrator of The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST)
About this course
This is the Federal Aviation Administration’s course for those who intend to operate Unmanned Aircraft Systems, commonly called “drones”, under the Exception for Limited Recreational Operations of Unmanned Aircraft ( 49 United States Code §44809).
Because drones can be very simple to fly, it is easy to think that there is not much risk in flying one. The reality is, drones have collided with other aircraft, injured people, and caused property damage.
That is why safety is everyone’s responsibility. This course is designed to provide you with information that will help you fly safely and keep our nation’s airspace safe for everyone.
What will I learn
During this course, you will learn how to plan your flights and how to fly safely in the National Airspace System (NAS).
What do I get
Upon completion of this test you will receive a certificate that demonstrates you have passed The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST).
- Register your drone through the FAA Drone Zone before you fly if it weighs more than .55lbs
- FAA-Approved UAS Service Suppliers (FAA USSs) of the Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability (LAANC).
- LAANC USSs provide FAA approved airspace authorizations and information about airspace restrictions to recreational flyers who wish to fly in controlled airspace.
- Approved service suppliers have created apps that can be downloaded via apple or google play. Links to the companies are available here
- B4UFLY provides information about airspace and does not offer airspace authorizations.
- Information about how to get started as a recreational flyer.