sUAS P107 Short Course 3 – Airports and Hazards
- Note: This is not the full P107 sUAS knowledge proficiency test prep course. If you wish to complete the full course, you can return to the products page and either purchase all 5 short courses individually, or purchase the sUAS Part 107 Test Prep - Full Course.
You may only legally operate a drone commercially in the United States with certification from the FAA. This is covered under Part 107 of Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
The Part 107 certification exam covers a challenging range of topics, many of which come from the manned aviation “airman” certification test.
The information required to pass the exam is spread across a variety of FAA resources.
In this short course we you will learn how to safely operate your sUAS near airports and other hazards.
Completing this course successfully will prepare you to answer the test questions relating to Airports and Hazards, and help you pass your Part 107 exam the first time. Of course you will need to complete the other short courses to ensure you have all of the required knowledge to pass the test.
Check out this video for an introduction to the Hazards and Reporting content included in this course.
Short Course Topics
- Potential flight hazards
- Common causes of aircraft accidents
- The NOTAMs system
- Emergency planning and reporting
- Airport operations
- Types of airports
- Towered and non towered airports
- Sources of airport information
- Airport operations including signs and markings
- Manned aircraft radio communications
- Final Quiz